Azteca Bridal Plaza Announces Closure After six Decades In Operation
The Azteca Wedding Plaza that has been at the corner of 10th and Washington streets for nearing over six decades has announced they are closing. The family has sold the building to a real estate investor, and the land will be reconstructed.
The shopping complex has been a staple in the valley and all stores operating were owned by the original couple Kay and Adolfo Torrez, entrepreneurs that opened their first establishment in 1946. The complex expanded over the years to include a bar, furniture store, and flower shop, and as well as paving the way for a city block that was dedicated to the bridal industry known as Azteca Wedding Plaza.
In recent years, a portion of the property was sold and subsequently turned into apartments.
The children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of Kay and Adolfo have taken over the bridal business, which has been in the family for sixty years. Nevertheless, it is now preparing to close its doors for good.
The Torrez siblings, who are in their 60s and 70s, have chosen to retire and close their business. The family feels that selling Azteca to someone not in the family was not a desirable option. All good things must come to an end.
Prior to shutting down completely, the store will guarantee that all order requests for weddings and quinceañeras will be completed and has significantly reduced the cost of its in-store sample dresses and dresses that can be purchased from the rack.
The bridal store will close on November 30th. To honor the customers who have been faithful for many years, the family is organizing an event in early 2024 to give their final farewells to the store.