Coronavirus Senior Citizen Support
On Wednesday, March 11th, Governor Doug Ducey declared a state of emergency for Arizona. While all of us are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 virus, health officials have warned it is more dangerous for older adults and those with immune deficiencies.
Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) was founded with one goal in mind: to improve the quality of life for adults and their caregivers. COVID – 19 comprises the majority of the community they serve.
Due to an increased demand for FSL services, they are expecting their expenses to increase by approximately 25% of their current daily operational budget. Due to the cancellation of their only annual fundraiser, FSL is in dire need of financial assistance to help those who need the assistance at the most unprecedented time!
The demand for our services is greater than ever and they are looking to the community for help.
Your donations will help Arizona Seniors in three major areas:
Nutritious Meals for Seniors
- Raw materials to prepare more meals
- Additional staff to accommodate the changes from plated meals to packaged meals.
- Supplies to package meals
- Additional staff to deliver meals
- Gas for the deliveries
Assistance for Isolated Seniors
- Phone Calls to regularly check on seniors to ensure they are okay and have what they need
- Groceries and household items for residents of FSL affordable housing communities around the state, and homebound clients of FSL’s home healthcare programs
Support and Supplies for In-Home Medical Staff
- Medical equipment
- Medical supplies
- Emergency transportation
- Coordination of care services
In addition to monetary donations, the FSL Care by Design (CBD) team is asking for pantry items which they will be putting into bags and delivering to homebound, isolated seniors who cannot get out to the stores. If someone is interested in donating items, call the receptionist at 602-285-1800 to arrange a time. Donors will leave items outside a side door to Care by Design (no contact with staff required) at the 1201 E Thomas building. Visit the fsl.org/covid19 page for more information on supporting our senior community.
Please consider a donation to FSL today to help support Arizona’s seniors combat coronavirus (COVID-19).