Westbound I-10 To Close Between Loop 202 and US 60 – July 15-18
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises motorists to plan ahead and expect delays if they are traveling on Interstate 10 in the Southeast Valley this weekend. Westbound I-10 will be closed between Loop 202 (Santan/South Mountain Freeway) and US 60 from 10 p.m. Friday, July 15, to 4 a.m. Monday, July 18, so crews can shift the work zone in preparation for Guadalupe Road bridge work.
The following ramps also will be closed:
- The westbound I-10 on-ramp at Wild Horse Pass Boulevard/Sundust Road.
- The eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) ramp to westbound I-10.
- The westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) ramps to westbound I-10.
- The westbound I-10 on-ramps between Chandler Boulevard and Elliot Road.
Westbound I-10 Detour: Use eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) to westbound US 60 or westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to access westbound I-10 beyond the closure. Drivers heading to the West Valley can use Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) west and northbound to connect to I-10 at 59th Avenue.
Also this weekend, eastbound I-10 will be restricted at times in the same area while crews move temporary barriers. Drivers should expect slower traffic and be prepared to merge safely into the open travel lanes as follows:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to two lanes at Elliot Road from 3 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Saturday, July 16, for barrier work. At the same time, the eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Elliot Road will be closed. Drivers can use the eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Warner Road instead.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to three lanes between Warner and Ray roads from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, July 17, for barrier work. At the same time, the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Warner Road and eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Ray Road will be closed. Drivers can use the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Ray Road and off-ramp at Warner Road instead.