Arizona Diamondbacks Increase Number of Fans Allowed Inside Chase Field
For the Arizona Diamondbacks first game at home, plans have been announced to increase the number of fans allowed inside Chase Field
Up to 20,000 fans will now be allowed in Chase Field to cheer on the Arizona Diamondbacks, who will face the Cincinnati Reds on April 9th.
The ballpark capacity increase comes less than one week after Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey lifted most of the remaining COVID-19-related restrictions on large-scale events and businesses in the state. Citing a decrease in positive COVID-19 cases and an increase in vaccinations in the state, what was requirements have now become recommendations.
Initially, the Diamondbacks were planning to allow approximately 12,000 fans to Chase Field, which is roughly 25% of the stadium’s 48,000-seat capacity. At 20,000 fans, it is nearly 42% of the stadium’s total capacity.
Tickets for the additional seats will go on sale to the public on Friday, April 2, at 9 a.m. Click here to purchase tickets.
Masks and social distancing will still be required, according to D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall.
“As we continue to see the key measurements improve throughout the state and the restrictions lifted on businesses, we feel very comfortable that we can permit additional fans to enjoy D-backs baseball while still providing a safe and comfortable environment,” Hall said. “We will continue to require masks and ask fans to distance appropriately while keeping all other policies in place to start the season.”
What Fans Need to Know For The Season
Bring a mask: Masks will also be required for fans in all common areas and when not eating or drinking. Hand-washing stations will be available throughout the stadium.
Pod-like seats: Tickets will be sold in pods — or groups — of 1-5 tickets and groups will be separated throughout the stadium. Seats that are unavailable will be closed with plastic ties.
Clear bag policy: While not a new policy, fans will be limited to one clear bag with size specifications. View the policy.
Some new concession that will be now offered at the ballpark include:
All food and beverage transactions will be cashless (debit or credit).
- Gadzooks Enchiladas and Soup will have two locations at Section 116 and 314
- Fry’s will have grab-and-go stations throughout the stadium with prepackaged drinks and bites
- The Still at Cutwater will have stations with canned cocktails.
- Danzeisen Dairy Chocolate Mint Chip Stack Shake
- Poblano Cheesesteak: shaved Philly Ribeye, American Cheese, fire-roasted poblano chile, barbecue aioli, battered onion straws
- 505 Green Chile Chicken, Bacon and Ranch tots: grilled chicken, tots, nacho cheese, bacon, 505 green chile
- Beer Cheese Bratwurst: beer bratwurst, pub beer cheese, griddled onion, brown mustard, pretzel roll
- Ultimate Bacon Pub Burger: beef chuck patty, pub beer cheese, bacon, battered onion, barbecue sauce, pickles, potato roll