Indoor Shopping Malls To Reopen Saturday
Several of the valley’s outdoor shopping centers have already opened leaving in question when the indoor malls and shopping centers will fully reopen. Just one day after the state’s stay-at-home order expires, on Saturday, May 16, indoor malls will reopen for shoppers.
The malls themselves will reopen, however, it will be up to the individual store to decide when they will reopen and their specific safety protocols they plan to implement. Shoppers can go online to look at the malls that have been updating a list of which stores have reopened on their websites. Shoppers are encouraged to contact specific stores directly to check on hours as they may vary.
The following are the shopping centers that will reopen on Saturday:
- Arizona Mills, 5000 S Arizona Mills Circle, Tempe, AZ 85282
- Arrowhead Towne Center, 7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, AZ 85308-8612
- Chandler Fashion Center, 3111 W. Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Desert Sky Mall, 7611 W Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85033
- Paradise Valley Mall, 4568 E. Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032
- Scottsdale Fashion Square, 7014 East Camelback, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Superstition Springs Center, 6555 E Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85206
Simon Properties Group, (operates Arizona Mills in Tempe and Premium Outlets in Chandler) has informed shoppers on its website they plan to implement a number of changes due to the pandemic. Those changes include requiring mall employees to undergo temperature checks before their shift and to wear masks. They also plan to reduce entrances and the number of people allowed inside each location, including the food court; and plans for increased cleaning in high-touch areas.
Macerich, which operates several malls and shopping centers in the Valley, said their locations plan to follow CDC-recommended guidelines, including cleaning high-touch areas, encouraging social distancing, and installing more signage about COVID-19 prevention.
According to its website, Metrocenter Mall in Phoenix reopened on May 9th.
The following outdoor shopping centers reopened on May 8:
- Kierland Commons, 15205 N. Kierland Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Biltmore Fashion Park, 2502 E. Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- SanTan Village, 2218 E. Williams Field Rd., Gilbert, AZ 85295
- Tanger Outlets, 6800 N. 95th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85305
- Phoenix Premium Outlets, 4976 Premium Outlet Way, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Scottsdale Quarter, 15059 N. Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Desert Ridge Marketplace, 21001 N Tatum Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85050
- Tempe Marketplace, 2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85281
- Westgate Entertainment District, 6751 N Sunset Blvd., Glendale, AZ 85305