Signs That Your Child Is Being Bullied
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. notMYkid will be holding presentations and workshops across Arizona for students, parents and faculty members to discuss signs of bullying and what you can do to help prevent it.
Tomas Barraza, Prevention Specialist at notMYkid has personal experience with bullying. As a teenager growing up in Douglas, AZ he was an aggressor.
He wanted to gain control and believed fighting other kids was the way to achieve that. His behavior led to other unhealthy ways of living, such as trying drugs and alcohol in high school. He eventually found himself involved in the drug trade.
After a drug deal went bad, leading to someone losing their life, Tomas at 21-years old, decided to turn his life around.
How can you help your child avoid the life that Tomas once lived?
Here are six signs that your child is being bullied:
- Comes home hurt and/or with damaged or missing belongings
- Has trouble sleeping or begins sleeping all the time
- Shows a sudden change in eating habits
- Avoids certain places, school, or other activities with peers
- Appears sad, moody, angry, anxious, or depressed when they come home
- Feels helpless and/or talks about suicide
Click here to visit the notMYkid website for more information.